Custom Shipping Rates
Shipping rates are the different shipping methods you choose when checking out on Shopify sites. On Shopify sites, the checkout process starts with Adding an Item to Cart, then clicking Checkout. This page is the Shipping Info page, you enter your address and press “Next” again. Now this is the Shipping Rates page.
Shipping Method = Shipping Rate
Using Custom Shipping Rates allows the step to be added before-hand, meaning the tasks will actually skip this step during the checkout process, resulting in a faster checkout time. Shipping rates are going to be different based on the Price, Size and Weight of an item. Some sites change Shipping Rates based on Zip codes, so it is encouraged to get your own Shipping Rates.
How To Find Shipping Rates:
First Method: (This only applies for sites without Password Page enabled)
- Find an instock product from the site, preferably the same price range as the product you will be going for. Eg: The retail price of a Yeezy Boost 350 V2 is USD$220. Find an instock product with the same price range. An example would be: (https://kith.com/collections/mens-footwear/products/adidas-consortium-x-undftd-ultraboost-white-red-collegiate-royal)
- Open Project Destroyer Software and click Rates.
3) Click Create New and Slide the tab over to Automatic
4) Select the intended site and profile you wish to save the shipping rates into. For this example, it will be Kith.
5) Copy the url of the instock product into the available placeholder and click Create New.
6) The shipping rates will be saved into the dashboard. You can use the blue refresh button on the right to fetch updated rates if the site changes their shipping fees.
7) To use the rates, create a task for the site and tick the Custom Shipping Rate checkbox. The rates will be automatically available.
Second Method: (This can be used for Password Enabled sites like YeezySupply and DSM)
- Create new rates and slide the tab over to Manual. Select the intended site. For this example, we will use DSMNY as the site is usually Password Protected before drop and you cannot fetch the rates using the Automatic feature.
2) Paste the Shipping Rate ID into the placeholder available. To retrieve the Shipping Rate ID, check with your cook group for the updated rates. Alternatively, you can refer to our drop guides for the rates. For this example, we are going to use rates for shipment to US i.e. : shopify-Domestic%20Express%20(1-3%20business%20days)-15.00
3) Click Create New and the rates will be saved into the dashboard.
4) To use the rates. Select the site, tick the Custom Shipping Rates checkbox and click the placeholder. Choose the rates for the intended site.
Tip: Advanced mode & Custom Shipping Rate = fastest possible checkout speed on Shopify.
But it is also highly encouraged to run different task types as well, because if the site makes changes for the rate on that drop, this won’t work.