Project Destroyer 3.0 – How to Cop Supreme
Here we will introduce you to Supreme task setup as it is different from Shopify setup.
MODES (boxed in Green)
Supreme (mobile) – Request based checkout methodology.
Supreme (desktop) – Request based checkout methodology.
*Note Mobile and desktop are just 2 variations of Supreme regular mode.
Supreme (safe) – Browser based checkout methodology (Do not use too many tasks with this it is very CPU intensive)
Leave each window open when running.
Running a mix of task modes is best. Prioritize mobile>safe>desktop for initial drop.
- Monitor Input: This is what the bot will monitor for. Either a keyword for initial drop or restocks, or a URL for restocks. This is boxed in brown.
- Keyword/URL Mode: You can use keyword mode for initial drop or restocks. You can use URL mode for restocks. This is boxed in red.
- Style: This is the color of the item and it has a separate input box. NA is used for random color, accessories and items that only have one color. Just NA, the + sign is not needed. This is boxed in yellow.
- Checkout Delay: Many people ask what is the “best” checkout delay. The answer is there is no best. It is suggested to make multiple tasks for the same item with different checkout delays ranging from 1500-4000. Find the ones that work best for you and make note of them. This is boxed in blue
- Category: This is the category the task will try to find the item in. You may use either new or the respective category for the item on initial drop.
- Monitor Type: This is the monitor that the task will use. This is boxed in white.
There are 5 different monitors, we recommend using “Combo” because it monitors all endpoints at once.
- Mobile API (Default) – Uses the Supreme app as a means to search for KW and checkout for the initial drop.
- Mobile #2 – This is an additional point to search for KW and checkout through the Supreme app for the initial drop.
- Desktop API: Attempts to checkout through the “backdoor” on the Supreme website for the initial drop.
- Desktop Category: Will monitor the specific category you select. So when you select “Accessories” as your category, it will monitor https://www.supremenewyork.com/shop/all/accessories page on the website.
- Combo: uses monitors “Mobile API, Desktop API, and Mobile #2”. The first monitor type to find the product will be used.
- CC Info: Privacy cards do not work, some virtual cards from banks will work. It is recommended to use a real, physical card. BILLING and SHIPPING must match!
- Duplicate Orders: Supreme is checking ALL info on ALL tasks for multiples. If you already get one successful checkout and ANYTHING is the same (Name, Email, Phone, Address, CC Number), you may get declined on the next purchase attempt. It is best to use a different VCC (Not Privacy) for every task if you can.
- Multiples: EVERYTHING has to be different for multiples from Supreme.
Ex: 1 Crewneck but 2 colors = you need completely different Profiles for each.
- Name: You can jig your name by using common misspellings of your name., You can also use your first initial. Example: J, John, Jon, Jahn, Jonn
- Email: Use the Dot Trick option in PD for your Gmail.
Ex: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Address: Use the Jig Address option in PD for your profiles.
- Phone: Jig phone option.
Proxies: Proxies in the past few seasons were NOT required. People have been able to run a handful of tasks on their local IP (Not a server IP, servers are still banned). If you wish to run a lot of tasks proxies may still be preferred however. Residential proxies are normally unbanned and ideal for Supreme. Some providers have started offering AIO proxies, however use AIOs at your own risk. We also suggest looking for companies with a good amount of Supreme checkouts on their Twitter feed.
Error 429 is not a ban, it is a soft ban and means “Too Many Requests” you will need to wait 15-20 minutes to start your tasks again. You will get this error if you are running too many tasks with too low of a monitor delay. 2-3 tasks with no proxies is recommended for now, with a monitor delay of 1000+.
Start Instructions: Start your tasks around 60 seconds before the drop. Once again, this will be based on your experience; it is different for every user due to computer speed and location.
Captcha: Last season (Spring/Summer 2019) Captcha bypass worked very well towards the end of the season. All you have to do to is not check the captcha box when creating your Supreme tasks. This will allow you to bypass captcha giving a quicker checkout time.
Use captcha harvesters to harvest captchas for these tasks as well.
*Note If you experience an issue where the item carts and then a blank screen shows at checkout (but the  and “Checkout Now” buttons are still showing) then you should either stop and start task again or click the  and direct to cart, then go back to checkout ).
This is an issue caused by slow proxies and poor error handling on Supremes end – an error throws that they don’t handle correctly and so the checkout form fails to load. Use fast proxies or local host to avoid this altogether.
Run Restocks with the URL from the Supreme website. The URL from the website is linked to the color, use the same color in the “Style” field. Note that different colors for the same item will have different URLs, be sure you use the right URL for the right color. Checkout Delay at 0 and Captcha off. (We recommend using the Supreme Mobile mode for restocks)
Error/Monitor Delays for Restocks
Because Supreme has started to ban IPs now, if you don’t have proxies, you will have to experiment with Error/Monitor Delays. If you don’t have proxies, 3-4 tasks with a Error Delay of 500 and a Monitor Delay of 1000 is recommended (You should test this as well). To test, setup number of tasks, with desired delays, and run them, time how long they run until you see the “429” error, then wait 20-30 minutes, adjust delays, and test again.
Example of Testing: 5 Tasks with 100/100 Delays run for 58 sec until I get 429. Adjust Delays to 500/500 and try again. Do this until you do not get the error msg anymore, then take note of what your settings are for next time.
With all this info you should be on your way to cooking Supreme in no time. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to fill out a ticket and our Support team will help you out.