You can rent a virtual private server and pay by the hour. This is a cheap alternative to monthly hosting if you only want to use the server for one release. Since the native Mac application of Project Destroyer isn’t released yet, this will be especially helpful for Mac users.
This guide will cover how to set up and access a Vultr server. For a list of recommended server providers, click here.
1. Sign up or log in to your Vultr account. Follow the steps to sign up on the site. You need to add a minimum balance and payment method.
2. Once you have signed up, go to the servers tab and click the blue + icon to add a new server.
3. Select the location of your server at step 1. If you’d like to get faster proxy speeds, select a location close to your proxies. Read more here.
4. Select the server type at step 2. You need Windows 2012 R2 x64 or 2016 x64.
5. Select the desired server size at step 3. It is recommended to have at least 4 GB of RAM.
6. You don’t need to do anything for steps 4, 5, and 6. You need to enter a server hostname at step 7. This can be anything.8. Once you have configured the server, hit deploy. The server will take a few minutes to be provisioned.
You can view the server information from the Servers tab. Click the server to view more information about it.
9. Once the server is running you can access it. You need to download a remote desktop application in order to do this. The recommended application to use can be found here.
Once you have downloaded and installed Remote Desktop Application, click the “New” icon.
You need to enter a connection name, IP address, username, and password. The IP address, username, and password are available through your Vultr dashboard. The connection name can be anything you want.
Once you have added the server to Remote Desktop Application you can double-click the server to access it. You can also right-click the server and select “Start”.
If you are looking for a monthly server we offer quality servers at affordable pricing. Learn more here.